Google

Monday, February 07, 2005

Apples to Oranges II

I was running a Matlab script on my work machine. It was taking too long so I ssh'd into my Mattern PC to give it a try. The Mattern PC was 5.4X faster. If you'll recall from my previous post this is the same ratio that both Matlab and C run at for my Mattern PC and my iBook. This means that my 800Mhz G4 iBook and the 1.5Ghz P4 workstation have nearly identical computing power for my type of programs.

I guess G4 processors really do get a lot more done per clock cycle relative to P4 processors.

2 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this just proves how great a Mattern PC really is.

Note that I also think that Mattern PC Inc. should furnish this fine blogger with a free unit to give away to us fine readers. Its only the right thing to do considering the large amount of good press the company has received. That has to be worth more than some lame Super Bowl ad.

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mattern PCs does have a promotion going on right now. Buy 4 PCs get the 5th one free.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home