Google

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Skype: The Dialpad.com of our Generation

I heard about Skype and decided to try it out. Skype is a voice over IP program that allows you to make free phone calls to other computers with skype or cheap calls to phones.

I downloaded the program, double clicked to install, added my user name and made my first call with no problem. I'd say it is as easy to use as IM. The call was very clear and seemed to allow two way conversation as opposed to just one way at a time if I remember what dialpad.com used to do.

Best of all it is free. Now I just need to find people to call on other continents. Maybe I can call Australia and ask if the toilet swirls in a counter clock-wise direction.

10/10


3 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Maybe I can call Australia and ask if the toilet swirls in a counter clock-wise direction."

Hardy Har Har...You are HILARIOUS.

 
At 4:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should call Japan. I hear they have tons of women who love guys with blogs dedicated to all things FORTRAN.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger flashman said...

Call me in Australia: thatskinnyguy on Skype. I'll go and flush the toilet especially for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home