Google

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Question of the Day: What MP3 Player Should I get?

So I have about 2 hours of commuting time a day and 2/3rds of the time I'm not driving. I have been thinking a portable mp3 player would be a good way to fill the time. In addition to music I could get books on file, the news, etc. and download to my player.

I do not have much music and I do not like the expensive and sometimes non-replaceable batteries on hard drive based players.

I like the long battery life and cheap standard batteries of flash players. I was originally leaning towards the 1GB Sandisk MP3 player because it had voice recorder and FM tuner. However reviews I read said the recorder was worthless and often radio stations don't come in very well where I like to listen to music. It also did not have very good reviews. About the next cheapest quality 1GB player is the iPod Shuffle. It is only $10 more at $150 and has an excellent reputation. I do have some iTunes music so this is a plus. The only draw back is the battery is not removable, however for $30 you can buy a attachment that accepts standard AAAs. Supposedly the internal battery should last for 2 years so I may be using this as a standard USB drive by then and this would be a non-issue. I don't own a usb drive so I would probably use this as a memory device too.

So I don't want to go with the cool crowd and get an Apple product, but I really can't find anything else that fits my needs.

Any thoughts?

2 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

"So I don't want to go with the cool crowd and get an Apple product, but I really can't find anything else that fits my needs."

Nice try. You're the biggest Apple fanboy I know. Get your shuffle so that you can fit in with the rest of your kind.

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what player you should get, but you'll want to get a pair of these headphones for it.

http://radio.weblogs.com/0001011/2005/05/20.html#a10153

 

Post a Comment

<< Home