Google

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Emachine Upgraded

I put in 1GB of DDR 333 RAM into my Emachine and it worked with no problems.

Because I ran out of slots I had to remove the original 256MB of RAM. It was DDR 400. While I feel bad that I'm slowing my system down I'm glad I can recycle the RAM that I bought (second time around) to go into my outpost.com machine.

Because this 256MB RAM is DDR 400 I can add to the 512MB of RAM currently in Mattern PC when I get back to Indiana. That should be enough to keep it going for a good while.

2 Comments:

At 4:50 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

I thought you were sending back the outpost.com machine?

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Dave said...

I am sending back the outpost.com machine.

However, before I realized it was dead I ordered two sticks of 512MB DDR 333 RAM.

I don't want to pay the $15 shipping/restocking fee to Newegg. Fortunately all the RAM that wasn't returned is now going to be used eventually.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home