Google

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Emachines are the Suck (for Windows)

I have posted several times about my emachines computer. It won't let me install XP Pro because the hardware is incompatible without emachines special version of XP home. I am robbed of 5GB of hard drive space because emachines requires a 5GB back up section. It comes with a trial version of Norton Security something which tried to deny me access to gmail and any secure (https) website and it turned off my Windows firewall.

Overall I have spent more time configuring this than I spent getting Linux to work.

I am no longer an Emachines fanboy.

From now on it is Apple laptops and Mattern PC desktops for me.

4 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Mattern PC Fanboy.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Zombo.com is taking over your life.

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

update me

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

emachines suck unless your M. Pires, mattern pcs rule

 

Post a Comment

<< Home