Google

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Node 2 Update

I will never buy computer hardware from outpost.com again. They lied about the specifications of the computer they sent me.

While the specifications are slightly better (faster RAM bus speed, different pin configuration), this caused an incompatibility with the RAM I purchased at Newegg in parallel.

Now I'm out about $15 in return fees and shipping costs. Additionally I have to pack the RAM back up and ship the package out which is not trivial considering I work from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm every business day.

The good news is that with the different RAM pin count, I can now afford 1GB(2X512MB) instead of the 512MB I purchased. There is no reason outpost.com couldn't have told me the correct specification from the beginning so this is does not excuse the lie.

Additionally, Newegg is wonderful. I ordered RAM on a Saturday afternoon of a holiday weekend. Monday was the holiday and I received my package on Wednesday. Two day service is pretty good considering I went with the super saver postage.

3 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Ha, outpost.com bent you over.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Dave said...

oh well, I least I got the computer for 33% less than what the price is now listed as

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Outpost owes you a reach around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home