Google

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Discovercard is Lame

I am writing a program to sort my credit card purchases by location. Citi lets you download in Quicken, Money, qif, and spreadsheet formats. Fortunately all of these are ascii text and are easily parseable.

Discovercard, instead of letting you download a file, forces you to connect to their website through Quicken or Money. I explained to the lady I just wanted the Quicken file and not the program but she said I must buy the program to get it. It is the same bandwidth to them, I don't see why they care what I do with MY credit card information. If it wasn't for the fact that Sam's Club only takes Discover and my 6 year history is propping up my credit card score I'd seriously consider dropping them. Discovercard is old and busted.

2 Comments:

At 4:34 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Who are you and what have you done with the normal blog writer? You can't mean what you're saying about Discover. Say it ain't so.

 
At 2:07 AM, Anonymous Sunny said...

I can really understand your feelings...It is sometimes very irritating

 

Post a Comment

<< Home