Google

Friday, September 02, 2005

Transporter 2 Tonight!

Overall I thought the movie was not bad. However, I thought the sequel was not as good as the first. This is not simply because it was more of the same; I expected that. The first one felt like it was a good story, a story focused on action but a good story none the less.

Transporter 2 felt like they took a good movie and turned it into an "action blockbuster". By that I mean they took out really cool but believable sequences and replaced it with things that are so over the top they are unintentionally humorous. Also I felt there were a couple scenes that were blatant product placement.

However, Jason Statham is still good and he carries this movie again. My grading scale is harsh, I don't do 70% average, 80% good, 90% great like grades. I do precentile of how many movies I would see would be better than this one. I still manage it to give it about a 75 (it is better than 3/4 of the movies I see) with the original getting an 85.

3 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frank Martin is waiting to hear what you thought of his latest movie.

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"they took out really cool but believable sequences and replaced it with things that are so over the top they are unintentionally humorous"

I know you're not talking about when he flipped the car over in mid-air and managed to have a hook knock a bomb off the bottom of his car. I know you're not talking about when he drove off the side of one parking garage and managed to land in another across the street. I know you're not talking about when he managed to catch a plane getting ready to take and and jump onto the landing gear. I know you're not talking about when he survived a plane crash into the ocean without any injuries.

 
At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I know you're not talking about when he managed to catch a plane getting ready to take and and jump onto the landing gear."

Yes, I meant to type "a plane getting ready to take off and jump..."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home