Google

Monday, October 16, 2006

ESPN.COM Gives Me the Intruder (Mentally)

Is it just me who feels violated whenever I got to ESPN.com? Text ads are no problem, flash banner ads with a little bit of movement are ok, but full motion audio and video is going too far.

I guess I'm just a simpleton drawn to "shiny things" but it is sometimes distracting to read something on the front page when the eye gets drawn to the video. Also, no website has the right to put produce sound with my speakers unless I explicitly say so by clicking.

Of course I can click to stop the video that is forcing me to "work" when I shouldn't have to do that.

1 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

You're alive. Oh how I missed you. I was going to post a eulogy for this site on my blog if you went a whole month without posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home