Google

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Diamond Jim Brady

After watching my last video post, you may be asking, "Who is Diamond Jim Brady?".

My hero, that's who. Select quotes from his wikipedia page.

  • Brady's enormous appetite and resultant girth were as legendary as his wealth. It was not unusual for Brady to eat enough food for ten people at a sitting.
  • When his body was examined, doctors discovered that his stomach was eight times larger than that of an average person.
  • The usual evening meal began with an appetizer of two or three dozen oysters, six crabs, and a few servings of green turtle soup, followed by a main course of two whole ducks, six or seven lobsters, a sirloin steak, two servings of terrapin and a host of vegetables. For dessert, the gourmand enjoyed pastries and a two pound box of candy.

4 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Actually I wasn't asking who Diamond Jim Brady is. Anyway, he sounds like you in 15 years. I'm guessing your stomach is currently 2.5x larger than the average human stomach.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Thanks for providing the link to vegetables. I wasn't sure what those were.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Dave said...

I did a copy and paste from Wikipedia. Wikipedia must have some built in HTML which "linkifies" most nouns.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

I don't know about "Diamond Jim Brady" but I do believe I heard something about a diamond and Tom Brady...

It's a good thing Mikel snatched me up when he did, because I think I was first on ol' Mr. Brady's list of ladies to ask ;) I don't think I could bring myself to marry a Wolverine, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home